Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Gift of Life and Breath

This was our third year running this 5K race. It was started in honor of a former bishop in our old ward who passed away from lung cancer. Here's the first and second year run-downs, for anyone who's interested. Isn't it amazing how much the boys have grown in one short year?!

Totally goony picture of our boys, but at least they were happy!

We did it!
(Although Ty was refusing to open his eyes or look at the camera.)

I finished 63rd out of 800 runners this year, which I feel pretty darn good about! I finished the race in 25:19. I was hoping to run it in 24 minutes (I did that on the treadmill earlier this week) but I had some asthma symptoms flare up and I had to slow way down toward the end. Oh, well. Still my best 5K time ever, I think, and I have run 9. Adam rocked it, too, finishing in 28:53. He hasn't run all week due to an injury, AND he was pushing the double stroller. Way to go, Ad! We had a blast and even came home with a new running jacket, which Adam won in a raffle drawing after the race. Wahoo!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is a great time! Way to go Meggin.

Carly Kaiser said...

You guys never cease to amaze me! Good Job!

Sarah Keith said...

Impressive! I can't wait to be running again!