It's official: Ty is a troublemaker! He's still not crawling, exactly, but he has his own way of getting around by laying on his stomach and kicking himself forward. He has gotten VERY fast, too. I can't leave him alone for a second or he's into something he shouldn't be. Yesterday I left the room for a minute, and when I came back, this is what I saw! I didn't even realize that we had a cassette tape in the house. Leave it to Ty to find it! We need to do a better job of babyproofing!
Today Ty and I took our first trip to the Denver Aquarium. We went with our friends Kim and Morgan, Annie and Tatum, and Casey and Kenzie. We had a little stroller parade going on! We saw all sorts of sea life, and even happened to be there at just the right time to watch the sharks eat! So fun!
Last night we celebrated Adam's birthday since he will mostly likely be working late on his actual birthday. We invited some friends from our ward to have cake and ice cream. Each of the families that came over has a little girl. Ty was so excited to have friends to play with! He was a little overzealous, though--he attacked his friend Kenzie! We will have to teach him to be a bit more subtle!
Before Ty was born, Adam and I bought him several baseball caps. I don't know what it was, but we both thought they were just so cute! Today I found this one that I forgot about, and it finally fits! Unfortunately though, Ty wasn't sure he wanted to keep it on his head. We'll work on that.
I think maybe the only person that knows every thing on this list about me is Adam. Not anymore! I got this idea from my friend Jessica. She actually did 100 things, but I am quite certain that nobody wants to read that much about me, so we'll stick with 50. Here goes:
1. My first, middle, and last names all begin with the letter M
2. I hate hamburgers
3. I love the smell of coffee
4. I am a huge Utah Jazz fan.
5. My least favorite household chores are cleaning the bathtub, taking out the trash, and ironing
6. I ran on a relay team that won the state championship when I was in high school
7. Most of my clothes are blue, pink, or white
8. I love the Olive Garden, and I order fettuccine alfredo every single time I go
9. I really don't like winter at all (we should be living in Phoenix instead of Denver!)
10. Cheesecake is my favorite dessert
11. My school colors for my elementary school, junior high, and both high schools were blue and yellow
12. I usually don't like to dance
13. I watch The Biggest Loser religiously
14. I taught fifth grade for a year
15. I am obsessed with board games; I could seriously play them all day long and not get bored
16. I've lived in 5 states: Florida, Michigan, Utah, Colorado, and Illinois (although that was only for one semester when I was in Nauvoo, so I'm not sure if that counts or not)
17. Between Adam and I, we have 8 brothers and just one sister. Love ya, Ash!
18. I love Rascal Flatts
19. I have a fetish for children's books
20. To me, Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth--I could live there!
21. I think being pregnant for 9 months is far worse than labor and delivery
22. I would rather eat a bowl of fresh fruit than about anything else I can think of
23. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is go to the ballpark and watch a baseball game. MLB, little league, or anything in between, it doesn't matter. I just like to be there.
24. I love rollercoasters
25. I half ran/half walked a 5K race when I was 8 months pregnant. Ouch!
26. I slept on a round bed when I was in high school--it's still at my parents' house
27. I love cooking dinner for Adam because he is always so appreciative and complementary
28. I used to work at Foot Locker and still have a closet full of athletic shoes from that saga of my life
29. I don't like to drive
30. I like to talk, but not on the phone
31. I hate camping, much to Adam's disappointment
32. I love rollerblading
33. I could eat seafood every day, but it's too expensive!
34. I'm not a big movie watcher
35. When I go grocery shopping, I love to tell Adam about the bargains I found. I DEFINITELY inherited this trait from my Dad--he is the king of that!
36. My favorite flowers are gerber daisies
37. I like to be really warm. Sometimes in the summer when my car has been sitting out in the sun for a long time, I like to sit in it without turning on the AC and just feel the heat waves
38. I am truly grateful for disposable diapers
39. I own only one pair of high heels
40. My favorite sport to watch is basketball
41. My favorite sports to play are tennis and racquetball
42. I have never beaten Adam at either tennis or racquetball
43. I am grateful for an athletic husband
44. I buy my shampoo and conditioner at Wal-Mart, much to the chagrin of my beautician sister
45. I truly adore my parents and siblings
46. I truly adore my in-laws
47. I am very interested in church history
48. I used to have a phobia of wrists when I was in high school. I wouldn't touch them. I couldn't stand the sight of all the veins. I have outgrown that fear.
49. I can name at least one player on every single team in the NBA
50. I couldn't fall asleep last night because I was trying to think of things to add to this dumb list!
Well, it's busy season! Technically, in the world of accounting, the busy season starts in January and lasts through March. We have been very fortunate in that Adam has been working reasonable hours up until now. I have been hearing horror stories from my friends in our ward who have husbands in accounting. Some of them have said their husbands aren't getting home until 2 or 3 AM! I feel very blessed that it hasn't been like that for us. Unfortunately, we can't completely escape the fact that it is busy season. Adam worked until about 10:30 last night, and the next two weeks will probably be like that. Still, I can handle 2 weeks when I was expecting it to be bad for 3 months! Ty is 8 months old today. I swear I can watch the kid grow by the minute. He has 4 teeth coming through all at once, so he has been kind of grumpy. I guess that's just part of it. I took these videos of him today. Usually when he is in front of the mirror, he is just giddy. He'll beat on it with his hands and "kiss" it, meaning he tries to eat his reflection. He was really distracted by the camera today, though. Oh, well. I still think he's a cutie!
Anyone who knows us well knows that we LOVE the Utah Jazz. Adam's parents gave us some AWESOME tickets to the Jazz and Nuggets game here in Denver. We bought Ty a D-Will jersey to wear to the game. Adam kind of wanted to get him a Boozer jersey, but as much as I like him, I just had a hard time putting the word "Boozer" across my baby's back! Unfortunately, the Jazz lost to the Nuggets, but we sure had a fun time at the game!
Our stake president encouraged us at stake conference in October to add 30 days to our food storage before the end of the year. We worked on it a little each week. Then, Dad and Mom Kaiser gave us all of this for Christmas. I think we got there!
The kitchen in our apartment is so tiny that there is no space for a highchair. For the longest time, we were feeding Ty on our laps when he ate baby food. We finally broke down and bought a booster seat. Needless to say, feeding time is going much smoother!
For Christmas, Ty's Grammy and Toogie gave him this exersaucer. It really is the perfect toy for him! He loves it because it keeps him upright in a standing position, plus there's so much to do! Adam calls it his ADHD toy. All I know is that it helps me get the things done that I need to in the day!