Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hooray for Fire Truck Day!

This is a day that has been anxiously anticipated for several weeks by a certain little boy in our household. I scheduled a fire station tour for our play group for this morning. I figured it would be a dream come true for this group of little guys!

The firefighters were very friendly; they showed the boys all around the truck.

And got dressed in full gear for the kids to see.

They let each kid take a turn sitting up in the truck--which, as you may be able to tell, was Ty's favorite part of the tour!

As I was taking this shot, Ty said, "This is so cool, Mom!"

What a good looking group of guys!

The firemen gave each of the children a fire helmet, a sticker badge, and a coloring book!

Happy Fire Truck Day!

5 comments:

A little Birdie... said...

You are one quick blogger! That seriously was so fun. Thanks again for putting it together!

Heather said...

I bet you were the 'coolest mom' this morning. Such a cute idea. You can see it all over their faces.

Heather said...

Send me your email address...I have a "fun summer activities to do with kids" thing to send you.

Andrea said...

Meggin! So stinkin' cute! I love the one where Ty is sitting in the truck...just adorable...I found your blog on Katie and Brandon's blog and blog stalked you and your cute boys...come check out Brooklyn when you have a minute
alliswells.blogdns.com
-Andrea Evans Wells

Ash said...

So, the first thought that came to my mind when I saw Ty in the truck was, "Man, he's so BIG!" The second was, "Gee, look like Adam much?" hahaha SO cute!