Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Tribute to Two Amazing Women

Since today is Mother's Day, I have been thinking about two very special women:  my mother and my mother-in-law.  Though they are very different, I admire each of them more than any other women I know.
My mother is a rock.  She is the one who loved me, taught me, and shaped me into the woman I am today.  I don't know anyone more selfless than she is.  I admire the fact that she teaches the gospel to teenagers with special needs, a job not just anyone could do!  She is a little crazy :), and I think that might have rubbed off a bit on me!  She is the perfect combination of fun, understanding, caring, and loving.  
My mother-in-law, Rosemary, is amazing, too.  I have often thought about the fact that she has raised SIX BOYS.  The incredible thing is that all six have served missions, the ones that are married have been married in the temple, and all are righteous and active in the Church.  I think that speaks volumes about the woman she is.  I especially appreciate the fact that she raised Adam to be the man he is, so that I can have the husband I do. Rosemary is an extremely generous woman.  There is never a holiday that goes by that she does not send gifts, money, and lots of love through the mail!  Thanks for all you do for our little family!
Thanks Mom and Rosemary for the example that you are to me.  You will never know how much you are loved and appreciated!
  

1 comment:

Annie. said...

Mothers really are the best. Hope you had a happy Mother's Day! And you look so BEAUTIFUL in your wedding pictures. :)