Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Furniture!




I started a paper route back in March with two goals in mind:  to buy a nice new set of living room furniture and a sweet pair of running shoes.  I got my running shoes with my first paycheck, and just last weekend, we were able to get our new living room set!  I am SO happy with it.  We got a nice coffee table and two end tables, along with a sofa and loveseat.  The couches are microfiber, so everything will come out of them, which is totally the way to go when you have kids (and a husband!).  They are incredibly comfortable, and I think they look much nicer than the lovesac and vinyl couch that we had previously.  Now I am looking for a couple of cute, inexpensive table lamps to go on the end tables.  I don't want to spend too much on them, as Ty has broken two of our existing lamps in the last three days.  You just never know how long things will last around here!  Any ideas?

7 comments:

Annie. said...

Meggin! I love your new couches. So nice! I have always wanted to do white because it just looks so clean...and microfiber makes it possible...but Talon hates microfiber! So, I will just admire your pretty white couches from afar, haha. I'm happy for you!

We got together for dinner last night with the Ellises, Petersons, Lucases, Hagens, and some other friends, and were talking about you guys and what you were up to! We miss you!

The Coopers said...

I love it! So pretty!

wylie said...

They are so beautiful!!!! I am so proud of you!

Mari said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I want a new couch sooooo bad. I'm going to have to wait until we move though :-( You should go to ikea for lamps and such. I love ikea!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Meg,

I don't know...I was pretty fond of that luvsac! Just kidding! The room looks great!

Angie said...

New furniture, lucky you. I'm very interested to know how microfiber actually holds up with kids and husbands.

Crystal said...

Those are so nice looking!!! Our new furniture STILL hasn't arrived yet and seeing yours has made me even more anxious for them to get here! So cute!!