Saturday, June 7, 2008

Black-Eyed T




One day, Ty will be so steady on his feet that he will not have fall after fall resulting in bruises all over his poor head. One day that will happen, but it is not today.
A couple of nights ago, he was motoring around the living room, when he tripped and cracked his eye against the coffee table. Honestly, I didn't think much of it. I know that sounds heartless, but he falls so often that it is really not all that big of a deal anymore. He cried literally less than ten seconds, so I thought it probably hadn't hurt him much. A couple of minutes later, Adam was like, "Woah, I guess that WAS a bad fall!" I looked at his eye, and sure enough, it was a terrible combination of red, blue, and purple. Of course I felt really bad then. Luckily, Ty doesn't seem all that bothered by it. I, on the other hand, can't wait until it heals. Then, I will be able to take my son out in public without people thinking that I beat him.

4 comments:

MamaT said...

That is rough! Cody falls all the time, and he has been walking for a month or so...really I don't think they get really good until they are older, and even now I have trouble:) Cody does not hit his face too much, but his legs always have scraps or bruises of some kind. Good thing kids are so resilient.

Mbeth said...

you really should be nicer to your kids ;)

brandandbrit said...

Meggin! Ty is so cute! That is so sad about his eye, but this is a rough age isn't it?

Angie said...

We have a child just like this...Aaron. He was always falling and hitting his head. This is the reason we no longer own a coffee table. Luckily, they do outgrow it.