Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

I did not have my best weekend ever.  On Friday I woke up with a cold.  Not that big of a deal, especially considering I have not been sick at all this winter.   Friday night I couldn't sleep because I was coughing so much, though, and by Saturday my throat was incredibly sore and my voice sounded awful.  I was pretty bummed; it was our Stake Conference weekend and I was supposed to be singing with the Stake Choir.  By Saturday night I had resigned myself to the fact that singing was pretty much an impossibility for me, but I still attended the adult session and sat in the congregation.  My hope was that by Sunday morning I would take a turn for the better and be able to sing in the general session.
Saturday night was a disaster.  I was up all night, coughing until I threw up.  Finally Adam gave me a blessing and I was able to sleep a little, but it was a rough night.  When I woke up on Sunday my voice was gone.  I'm not sure that I have ever lost my voice completely before.  It's a pretty crazy thing.  Adam took the boys to Stake Conference while I stayed home and slept.  Normally, I would absolutely revel in having the house to myself for a couple hours, but as it was, I wasn't happy at all.  I happen to love Stake Conference, and it was a major disappointment to stay home.
After a Sunday that was actually a day of rest (that never happens!), I had a whisper of my voice back last night and felt well enough to attend the Youth Session and listen to Adam speak.  Call me biased if you will, but I thought he gave a fabulous talk!  ;-)  And it was oh, so funny as I was leaving.  I was walking out to my car, and there was a group of young women walking a few paces behind me.  One of them said to the others, "You know that guy speaker?  The one who talked about trek?  I thought he was really hot!"  The first thought that came to my mind was to turn around and say, "Watch it, sister.  That's my husband you're talking about!"  But since I was lacking in the voice department, all I could really do was laugh silently to myself.  It was probably better that I didn't have my voice--can you imagine how embarrassed that poor little laurel would have been if I had confronted her?!  As it was, I found it so funny and a little flattering that a 16-year-old found my husband attractive.
Anyway, I have a voice again today and am hoping to kick this cold yet!  I feel very fortunate, though--last winter I got strep three times, and the year before that we battled the flu.  If the only sickness to enter our home this winter is a nasty cold, I would say we are doing pretty well!

2 comments:

the Youngs said...

Meggin, I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick. That's the pits! However, I'm glad you made it to Adam's talk. He really did such a great job. I'm glad I made it, too. Feel better my friend!!

LeChem Fam said...

Sorry to hear that you have been so sick! I think it is always magnified when you are pregnant. Glad you are feeling better!