Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 4: Home

Friday night was freezing.  Literally.  When we woke up Saturday morning, it was only about 30 degrees, and there was frost on our tents.  It was really hard to pull myself out of my sleeping bag that morning, and then try to motivate my girls to do the same!
Once we finally pulled ourselves together, we were privileged to hear from our stake presidency and area authority seventy, Elder Hillier.  Then we got loaded up for the 8 1/2 hour bus ride home.  

Marchant Family Ladies!

Our family (sans Julius--he had to leave on Friday night)

After several days of walking and having very little sleep, we were all exhausted!


I am so grateful that Adam and I were able to have this experience.  My favorite part was being with our awesome youth.  I really love them.  It was wonderful to have so many opportunities to testify of truths, and to have them respond so well.  It was special to walk on such hallowed ground.  The Spirit was strong, and I loved just being able to listen and ponder.  I will still attest that I am not a camper, but if we were asked to go again, I think both of us would do it in a heartbeat.  It was a real privilege to be a part of trek.

1 comment:

lanita said...

Oh I was so excited to see all of these pictures. Thanks for posting them. What an incredible and memorable experience.