Friday, February 8, 2013

A Week of Love

Yesterday I had the idea that for this week leading up to Valentine's Day, I should do a post a day about things I love.  I only wish I would have thought of it sooner; I could have done it for the whole month of February!  Oh, well.  So without further ado, 

Day 1:  Kind/thoughtful/generous people

Yesterday I had a dear friend from my ward randomly drop by with an enormous heart-shaped chocolate-chip cookie that was AMAZING, and a whole load of baby shoes for Annie: 
How cute are these?!

She told me she was at Babies R Us (which is a little funny, since her youngest is 11!) and she just wanted to buy some baby shoes.  So she did.  Big time.  And Annie is the blessed little recipient.
She rocked the reds today!

Every girl needs a pair of red shoes!

I loved my view of her on our walk to the park today!

Since she stopped by yesterday, I can't stop thinking about how incredibly kind and generous that was of her.  I have so many people like that in my life, too--neighbors who bring things over for the boys on every holiday, inspired visiting teachers, grandparents who send extravagant packages, friends who are always willing to help out.   I want to be like that--I am so thankful for their examples to me.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a lucky day! SO cute...and red shoes...yes, yes, yes!

Ali said...

Oober cute! What an awesome friend.