Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?

Top 8 reasons summer is my favorite season (I was going to do 5, but I just really love summer!):

8.  Traveling and having visitors.  It's so fun to be able to spend time with friends and family!
7.  No snow/ice = I'm not afraid to drive.
6:  Cheap, fresh produce:  I'm a sucker for fresh produce, especially fruit.  It's just about my favorite thing in the world to eat, and my family seems to feel the same way!  Watermelon, strawberries, and peaches are particular favorites of mine.  And in the summer, you can get it for next to nothing, which means we eat a LOT of it.  Yum.
5:  Plaid shorts on my boys.  Enough said.
4: The days are so long.  True, it's harder to get the kids to go to bed on time, but I love that it stays light for so long.  And the fact that I can wake up at 5:30 AM to go work out and it's already light out?  Love that.  It makes it a lot easier to get out of bed in the morning!
3:  The sunshine makes me feel happy.  And I love the warmth!
2:  I feel more relaxed.  I'm not sure what it is, but I am not nearly as uptight about keeping the house clean and keeping everyone on schedule in the summer.  It's kind of nice.
1:  There is so much to do!  While I am constantly searching for indoor activities to keep the boys (and myself) busy in the winter, staying occupied during the summer seems so effortless!  Between going on walks and bike rides, playing at the many parks in Parker, frequenting the neighborhood pool,  or just playing backyard baseball, it seems our days are full and we never get bored!

Hooray for summer!  We are loving our lives around here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Geez, did you read my post that is the antithesis of this!!! I need to come hang with you for awhile...and learn the joys of summer!