Friday, March 4, 2011

This is embarassing

...but I'm posting it anyway.  I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday, something I don't do all that often because I have such sensitive skin.  Usually after waxing, my skin gets red and irritated.  This morning when I got up, my eyelids were swollen like crazy!  I must have had some sort of weird reaction to the wax.  I could seriously barely even open my right eye.  I took some Claritin, and I feel like I can at least see now, but it's still pretty uncomfortable.  Any suggestions?  


One thing I can guarantee you...the tweezers and I are going to be good friends from now on!  No more waxing for this girl!

4 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Um, that is AWESOME! You could try ice packs too -- I'll wake up on occasion with huge swollen bags under my eyes (cute image, eh?) and the fastest and most effective fix is putting something COLD on them for a minute or two. Good luck!
And for the record, I love that you posted this:)

The Mink Family said...

Definitely cold compresses. Bummer!! Good Luck!!

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

YIKES!! That is scary!

Nichols Family said...

Ouch!!!