Friday, April 17, 2009

He is Here!!

We are thrilled to announce the birth of our beautiful baby boy, McKay Stephen Marchant!! He arrived yesterday, April 16, on a rainy afternoon, at 4:36 PM. The labor and delivery process went as well as can be expected. We are just so happy that he is here! Unlike Ty, who was calm and mellow from the moment of birth, this guy came out screaming! I guess he felt like he had to make his presence known since he was #2! He weighed in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and measured 19 inches long. He is absolutely perfect in every way, and I am completely in love!!


Just Minutes Old

Mom, Dad, McKay, and Dr. Scariano, shortly after delivery

Ty meets his new brother for the first time

Brothers

Trying to wake Mac up to eat early in the morning

Just a funny note, I found this picture of Tyler that was taken at some point during his first day on earth, and I think it looks identical to McKay, down to what my brother calls their "Harry Potter" birthmarks on their foreheads! I mean, seriously, could this not be the same kid? The only difference between the two (which is not evident in this photo) was that Ty had red hair, and McKay is blonde.

McKay

Ty

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the first to comment! I believe you owe me your first born now. happy day for you two, or you three, depending on how Ty handles things. Congrats!!!

Everyday Thoughts said...

YEAH! What a perfect munchkin! I am so happy for you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers as you are now a mother of TWO! Crazy. I hope labor and delivery went well! God bless!
-Amy

Marianne said...

Congratulations! I am excited to see the new addition to your family!

The Coopers said...

Congratulations!!! He looks so much like Ty, it is crazy! We are very excited for you!

Sarah Keith said...

They do look identical! And he is perfect! I can't believe you have two now! That is awesome and crazy and perfect! Love you and I am glad you are doing well!

Shannon said...

COngrats!! I love the name McKay. Good luck with two!!

Mbeth said...

congratulations. he is just fantastically cute.

Jake and Ashley said...

Congrats Meggin! I have to say I am so impressed that you were able to send pictures so quickly! Thanks for sending me the e-mail and I hope everything is going well. He sure is a cutie!

Ira and Heather said...

Hooray!!! You look great!!! You are very lucky you know have two cute little boys. Soon they will be playing ball together.

Allison said...

Hurray and Congratulations! He looks beautiful. Glad to hear he is healthy and that you are too. That was timed just right when it comes to accounting's busy season. Maternity leave just when Adam can use a rest.

Mel said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad everything went well!

Heather said...

so awesome Marchant Family - and how fun to be a family of 4!!!!

I love the name, and what another handsome addition.

Kim said...

WAHOO!!! I am so excited to meet him!!!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! He is so beautiful and perfect -- and you're SO not allowed to look so gorgeous right after having a baby! Oh well...what are ya going to do, right? i am in LOVE with his name -- what a cutie cute cutie! Congratulations:)

Megan said...

Congrats!! Oh my you are right, I can't believe how completely identical they look! Hope you are feeling well and I can't wait to see more pics posted!

John and SJ said...

So exciting!!! Congratulations! He is just perfect!

Melissa Anderson said...

Congratulations Meggin! He is an adorable little boy. I am glad to here that you are both doing great. It is crazy how much your boys do look alike as babies. I wonder if they will continue to look a like. You can't even tell my girls are sisters. Crazy!Good luck with everything.

Julie Fletcher said...

He is so cute! Meggin you also look so good. Congrats to your family.

Kelli said...

congratulations!!!! I voted on the name McKay (love it). I'm glad to hear that everything went well. :)

Mari said...

Oh my Meg Marie! Congrats, he is so beautiful! I can't believe you have TWO babies now, pretty awesome. I hope I get to meet him someday!