Monday, April 21, 2014

Guest Bath Update

My most recently completed project is the guest bathroom.  My plan was to get it finished before Russ and Mary Ann came to visit at the beginning of the month, but sadly, remodeling always takes longer than planned.  But it's done now, if anyone else wants to come visit!  

Before:
 After:
Before:
 
After:

When I pulled the old Hollywood-dressing-room-style light bar down, there was a hole about an inch wide and 9 inches long across the wall.  The old lightbar covered the hole, but the new one I had already bought wouldn't.  So I went to the Depot and asked them how to repair it.  I didn't take a before photo of that, but this is during the patch job:


And after:
You would never even know it was there.  It wasn't a hard fix by any means, but it was something that I had never done before.  The whole time I was working on fixing it, I kept thinking, "My dad would be so proud of me if he could see me right now. "  That thought is actually what inspired me to take these photos, so he could see what I did!  

So to recap, I patched the wall, painted the walls and baseboards, replaced the mirror (Adam actually put the new one up), replaced the light bar, put in new hardware (towel bar, towel ring, and toilet paper holder--Adam did all of that, too), refinished the cabinetry, and put new hardware on the cabinets.  The granite countertops were already there, which was one less project to do!  I really love the way it all turned out!  And as much as I would love to re-do my other bathrooms, too, I am getting a little burned out and am taking a house-project break for a few weeks! 

2 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Holy smokes, lady! You are INCREDIBLE!!!

Kami said...

Nice work Seag! Love how it turned out.