Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spice Up Your Life

This morning I was putting on makeup and getting ready for the day all alone in my bathroom.  A rare occurrence.  Annie was still sleeping, and the boys were being blissfully quiet.  I was so grateful to have a few minutes to myself.  And then it hit me.  Quiet like that should inspire fear, not happiness.  I found Ty playing nicely by himself, not surprisingly.  And then I found McKay in the kitchen, with a chair pushed up to the counter, like this:


I asked him what he thought he was doing.  "I wanted a chocolate-chip cookie," was his response.  Apparently those shiny spice jars were just too tempting and waylaid him on his way to the cookies.  In one way, I was thankful.  He would have been in trouble for eating a cookie at 8:30 AM!  On the other hand, the cookie probably wouldn't have created quite the mess his spicy concoction did.
Perhaps he knew that my blog posts have been Ty- and Annie-heavy lately?  That he needed to pull a stunt like this to get face time on the blog?  Then again, this is just typical McKay.  And I love him for it.

1 comment:

Ash said...

haha he's a chef in the making! I love it!