Sunday, October 25, 2009

When he's helping he's happy...

Ty has always loved to help me with chores around the house. He has really stepped it up lately. A couple of weeks ago, he set the table completely by himself:

Not too bad for his first time, right? Now he sets the table almost every night, and most of the time, I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO ASK HIM TO. When he hears me making dinner in the kitchen, he will follow me in, open the drawer that contains the place mats, and get to work! All I have to do is put the necessary dishes on the counter, and he will make sure they get to the right spots! He is a champ at picking up his own toys, emptying the dishwasher, throwing his diapers away, and putting his dirty laundry in the hamper. Since we now have the front loading washing machine/dryer, he will even load those for me! What a kid, huh? I am totally going to appreciate it now while he enjoys it. I guarantee that one day he will be fighting me about doing his chores!

I'm not sure how much "help" Ty was to his daddy in the yard, but he was sure trying!

3 comments:

Ira and Heather said...

What is your SECRET I need to train Heather to do that.

Everyday Thoughts said...

WOW! Ty is doing great...I can't even get Caleb to put his toys away when it is time! Set the table.....WHAT? Good for you! You have a super cute family!
-Amy

Mary and Ryan Dick family said...

Oh so cute!! I LOVE your house by the way...sooo jealous!!