Friday, August 22, 2008

Sisters, Sisters, There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters

My family recently bought a tandem bicycle. My mom has been wanting one for forever, and she finally bought one online. Random, I know. On Saturday, my sister, Ashleigh, and I, took it on its maiden voyage. Ash told me I got to drive, which turned out to be a big mistake! I was shaky, to say the least. In fact, I accidentally drove it right off the curb as we were starting out! Ash kept telling me to stop shaking my arms around, and I joked that it was hard to do with so much dead weight on the back! I told her she had to try to see how tough it was, and of course, she steered us smoothly down the street. Bah!


"What are those crazies doing?"

Between Adam and I, we have eight brothers and only one sister. Because she is my only sister, Ash is pretty special to me. But that being said, she is a real nut. Whenever the two of us are together, something weird is bound to happen. Did anyone see Misty May-Trainer and Kerri Walsh win the gold medal in beach volleyball a couple of days ago? They were seriously kooky after they won it and during their NBC interview. It reminded me so much of how Ashleigh and I are when we are together! She definitely brings out the silly in me!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I love tandem bicycles! They are so much fun. I'll bet Ashley was thrilled to have you home for awhile.
I'm teaching at American Fork High. It's got a great music program which is super intimidating but a great learning experience too.

Dan and Brittany said...

You guys are pretty crazy!! Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy trip to Utah. Bob said that he got to see Ashliegh at the pagent in New York. How crazy. Tell your family hi.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about my sis. They are the best.

Heather said...

i love the Tandem. My brother had one on his mission that his mission pres made him give up.

Thanks for posting!