Friday, May 8, 2009

Grandma+Grandpa=FUN!

I am WAY behind in my blogging life, mainly because of the demands on my time by my two small children! When I have a few minutes to myself, they are usually spent sleeping or frantically cleaning the house.  I have to say, though, that the last few weeks have been awesome!  The Sunday after McKay was born, Adam's parents drove out to visit from Utah.  It was so great to have them here--they were a HUGE help!  They took Ty to lots of fun places, which gave me time to rest in those first few days after I was home from the hospital.  It was perfect!
Ty sporting the super cool snake sunglasses that Grandma and Grandpa bought him at the zoo

Ty tries out the slide at the park

Ty and Grandma play at the park

Does this look like Ty's kind of toy, or what?

Ty and Grandma play at Monkey Business

Ty and Grandma Marchant

I am kicking myself that we didn't get any pictures of McKay with his grandparents, or any of Grandpa at all.  Darn.
After Grandma and Grandpa Marchant left, I had a couple of days on my own with the kids, and then Adam took his paternity leave.  He has had the last two weeks off of work, which has been a dream!  I am not looking forward to him returning to work on Monday.  I guess we have to pay the bills somehow, though, right?
On another note, McKay was three weeks old as of yesterday, and he is starting to grow and fill out.  Look at that sweet chubby face!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I know what you mean...I feel like I have no time to blog and I only have 1!

Traci said...

Hey Meggin. Sorry to have bad news for you, but I wasn't sure if you had heard. I just heard today. Britney McPherron (now Graham) was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia earlier this week. She started intensive chemotherapy today. A friend of hers has set up a blog to keep people informed. It's britskysbattle.blogspot.com